FOUNDED IN 1874
Founded in 1874 by Bishop Nathaniel Merriman, DSG is one of the oldest girls’ schools in the country.
Situated in spacious grounds in Grahamstown, its campus adjoins its brother school, St Andrew’s College.
The DSG also has close links with St Andrew’s Preparatory School where the girls attend classes with the boys in the Pre- Primary School and the Junior Primary section.
Individuality and independent thought are encouraged, and the school offers an exceptionally wide choice of subjects.
Education in the acquisition of life skills is also emphasised.
Qualities such as respect, responsibility, self-discipline and tolerance are encouraged.
Welcome from the head