S port plays a key role in the lives of the girls at DSG. We believe that character, team work and camaraderie all develop in the sporting context and play an important role in the social development of girls. We recognise that all girls aspire to the highest levels and so while we do expect girls to give of their best in sporting fixtures, the emphasis is on participation and enjoyment.
Aims of the Sports Programme
- To provide maximum participation and enjoyment for girls;
- To provide effective and enthusiastic coaching/instruction at all levels;
- To create opportunities for girls to perform and compete either at a personal or team level within the school (interhouse activities) and outside the school (interschool and interclub activities);
- To foster a healthy school spirit through participation and enjoyment;
- To engender sporting excellence
We believe DSG has a diverse sports programme which offers something to everyone and caters to all abilities.
We offer a range of options, ensuring that every girl will find a sport that suits her personality and interests. Pilates, ballet (RAD) and contemporary dance are also offered at studios on the school campus.