The new SIMS Parent App – easy access to important school information
During 2018 the school has been implementing a new school administration system, SIMS. This includes a new parent portal, SIMS Parent, which has both a web and mobile app interface for parents. Your child’s end-of-term reports will be issued through SIMS Parent, and as a parent you therefore need to enrol into SIMS Parent to download reports.
STEP 1 – REGISTER FOR SIMS PARENT
|Sample Email (click to enlarge)||1. We will send you a personalised activation email from [email protected]. The subject line says: “Diocesan School for Girls South Africa – SIMS Online Services Invite”. Simply click on the link inside the email from your PC to start activating your account. (While the invitation appears to be from DSG, this single platform is used across all our campuses.)|
|Choose Account Type (click to enlarge)||2. Next you will need to choose a 3rd-party account to associate with the SIMS Parent app. Your options are to link with your existing Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft 3rd-party account types. (If you don’t have one of these, please see the FAQ below on how to create one. We recommend you associate with your most frequently used of these accounts.)|
|Confirm Registration (click to enlarge)||3. Once logged in to your chosen 3rd-party account, you are presented with a SIMS Registration page. Click on the blue Register button to complete the account registration process, and be redirected to the SIMS Parent Home page.|
|SIMS Parent Home Page (click to enlarge)||Please note that your activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else.
– If you require an additional login, please contact the school.
– If you did not receive the activation email please contact the school.
– Your activation email will expire after 14 days if it is not used. Please contact the school if you require a replacement after this date.
We suggest you bookmark www.sims-parent.co.uk in your web browser.
STEP 2 – CHECK & UPDATE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
Once you have registered and logged in to SIMS Parent, click on your Child’s name to open their profile page.
Check the Data Collection section (labelled 1 in the image below) to ensure that we have the correct details on record for your child and yourself. NOTE: the top section details Contact information for your Child, and the bottom section details Contact information for you. Please don’t add your contact details into your Child’s section (labelled 4 in the image). Add your details in the section labelled 2 and then 3 below.
Specifically we request that you:
– Select the “Primary” email and telephone method on the Emails and Telephones tab. All future communications will be to the primary method you select here.
– Ensure that you are checked for “Parental Responsibility” and Priority=1 on the Contact Information tab, please to ensure that we communicate with you.
Parents and guardians will need to sign in to the Parent App individually to configure separate contact details for themselves.
If there are any changes to your details, Please submit these changes using the functionality within the App. If you have more than one child in the school, you only need to update your contact details once.
Issuing end-of-term Reports
At the end of each term school reports will be issued through the new Parent App. These can be accessed using the Reports section under your child’s name.
What else can you do with the SIMS Parent App?
– Access and update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
– Access your child’s school report and report history
– Receive notifications to remind you about important information and key dates for your diary
– View information such as timetable, attendance and achievements
– Access the school term dates and contact details at the click of a button
– If you have more than one child at school, you’ll have access to information for all your children, from the same App.
STEP 3 – INSTALL THE MOBILE APP
The SIMS Parent functions are also available on your mobile phone (Apple iOS and Android) by installing the SIMS Parent app.
The SIMS Parent app can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store or the Android Play Store.
- Open the Play Store or Apple App Store on your device.
- Using the Search facility, enter SIMS Parent.
- Select “SIMS Parent by Capita Plc” from the search results.
- Tap READ MORE for more information or INSTALL to download the app.
- Once the app has downloaded successfully, tap Open to login using the same account you used in Step 1 above, and start using the app.
- On first login when your device requests to “Allow Notifications” select “Yes/Allow” so that new notifications from the school appear on your device’s notification panel.
Once downloaded, the SIMS Parent app is available as an app shortcut on your device, like other apps.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the school have access to my Facebook, Twitter, Gmail or Microsoft account?
No, the Parent App only makes use of your login credentials to authenticate you as a user of the Parent App.
What if I don’t have an existing Facebook, Twitter, Gmail or Microsoft account?
If you do not have an existing Facebook, Google or Twitter account you can create one linked to an existing email address. Note that some company email addresses may not work.
– Creating a Google Account Instructions for how to set up a Google Account are available directly from Google, please click https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/27441?hl=en
– Creating a Microsoft Account Instructions for how to set up a Microsoft Account are available directly from Microsoft, please click https://signup.live.com/?uaid=cfa977956315431d9675c6518f7bb370&lic=1
What happens if I forget my password?
All password management is outsourced to the 3rd party account you registered with. For example, if you registered with your Gmail account, then you will reset your password using Gmail’s account management procedures.
I am not receiving emails from the school?
Many email systems are now starting to flag school communications as spam or junk. Please check that your email account has whitelisted/trusted the following addresses:
– any emails from the saprepschool.com, sacschool.com and dsgschool.com domains
– [email protected]
– SAC DSG PREP Communications: [email protected]k
What data is stored and processed by the SIMS Parent App service?
For a full statement of the data privacy and processing please read the SIMS Parent Privacy Statement online http://simspublications.com/876223/assets/sims_parent_privacy_statement.pdf
Why am I not seeing Notifications on my mobile SIMS Parent App?
This is to do with your device’s notification settings.
On an iPhone follow the steps shown below to edit settings:
On an Android phone follow the steps shown below to edit settings:
Where can I get help?
Online help is available at the following web link: http://simspublications.com/355799/index.html