W e believe that physical activity and development are an important part of a holistic approach to education and that participation in sport promotes important life-skills such as teamwork and sportsmanship and develops resilience, determination and the ability to deal with disappointment. It also encourages diligence and perseverance, both of which are deemed to be an important part of a girl’s overall development.
AIMS OF THE SPORTS PROGRAMME
- Providing maximum participation and enjoyment for girls;
- Providing effective and enthusiastic coaching/instruction at all levels;
- Creating opportunities for girls to perform and compete either at a personal or team level within the school (interhouse activities) and outside the school (interschool and interclub activities);
- Fostering a healthy school spirit through participation and enjoyment;
- Supporting sporting excellence
Modern women take sport seriously and those DSG girls who aspire to the highest levels of achievement are given every opportunity to realise their goals. At the same time, we recognise that not all girls aspire to the highest levels and so the emphasis is more on participation and enjoyment than winning at all costs.
We offer a range of options, ensuring that every girl will find a sport that suits her personality and interests. Pilates, ballet (RAD) and contemporary dance are also offered at studios on the school campus.