A s so many of our pupils need to travel to and from school, we have an in-house travel office that co-ordinates the travel requirements for the pupils of DSG, St Andrew’s College and St Andrew’s Prep school.

Mrs Ann Bryant, the Travel Co-ordinator, can give you all the information you need regarding your daughter’s travel arrangements.
Direct Line: +27 (0)46 603 2317
Switchboard: +27 (0)46 603 4300 Ext 384
Cell Phone: +27 (0)83 275 2218 (in case of a travel emergency)
Hours: 08:00–16:00

The school travel office is supported by Go Travel, a local travel agency which will book flights:
Go-Travel office: Phone: +27 (0)46 622 2235
Hours: 08:00–13:00

Study Permits

Pupils who are not South African citizens or permanent residents must obtain a study permit from the South African Embassy/High Commission in their country of residence before starting school here. The school will furnish you with the confirmation of your daughter’s acceptance to study at the school, as required for the application for a study permit. (Please speak to Mrs Lisa Hobson:

Your daughter must be present when applying for a study permit and its renewal.

Renewals must be applied for online at least 60 days before the permit is due to expire and an appointment made to visit a visa office. These offices are located in various centres – please phone Mrs Bryan for further information.

Renewal of Passports

Please keep a check on the dates for renewal. The passport must be valid beyond the three years granted for a study permit by at least one extra month.

Applications for first South African passports can be processed at the Makhanda (Grahamstown) Home Affairs office.

Minors Travelling

Since 2015, South African immigration laws require that children under 18 years of age carry certain documents with them when entering or leaving South Africa. It is mandatory that parents send their daughters with the following documents if they are travelling across the border:

  1. A certified unabridged full birth certificate showing both parents’ names;
  2. A letter of permission/affidavit from both parents giving permission for the child to travel in and out of South Africa to school at DSG;
  3. Any supporting documents for the above – e.g, certified copies of parents’ passports, death certificates, proof of custody.

If your daughter arrives at the Port of Entry without proper documentation, she will not be allowed into the country.

Ann Bryan
Travel Co-ordinator